Wednesday, June 30, 2010

In case of emergency: Alkalize!

I have had setbacks. I once bought a case of Aquafina which had me doubling up in pain and excruciating facial nerve pain because, Aquafina is one of the bottled waters that the FDA allows to be labeled "pure" if it is below 7.0 pH value. Of course, when fighting cancer, why would I want to drink water that is not healthy for me. Natural water has a 7.3 pH value that my body needs, but processed, purified, distilled water does not. Too ill to even venture out of my apartment, what did I do once I had called Aquafina officials and learned why their water was being produced at a 5.2 pH value? I alkalized with fruits that had high water content: melons, watermelons, tomatoes, and cucumbers.

Another time, I ate too much protein in the form of egg and cheese. I had begun to feel like I was going to throw up and felt as if I was going to pass out. If a body's pH dips from its optimum pH 7.36 down to even pH7, it will lapse into a coma and die. Again, I began to alkalize, quickly downing raw spinach, mint leaves, Italian parsley. I threw up three times but strangely enough, I felt in control. After my body had disposed of the rubbish I had eaten, I felt a sense of wellness.

There are certain foods that have a high level of alkalinity and which serve as my "emergency foods." When I eat incorrectly, I make sure to eat some of these foods right away:

These can be eaten raw:
Cucumbers - grapefruit - fresh herbs - fresh vegetable juice - lemons - lettuce - limes - mandarin oranges - mangoes - onions - peppers - radishes - spinach - watercress - fresh mint - fresh Italian parsley - cilantro - broccoli.

In addition, these spices can be added to water or taken alone:
Ginger powder - cinnamon powder - garlic powder - fennel - ginger tea - cinnamon tea - ground black pepper - oregano.

Other foods that are very alkaline:
Asparagus - beet greens - Brussels sprouts - collard greens - mustard greens - leeks - kale.

I have gotten an allergic reaction to dairy products that begins with a runny nose and then a swelling of the mucus membrane of the nose and nasal passages. For this, I first take a teaspoon of ginger which acts like an antihistamine. Then I take an enzyme tablet and/or probiotic to aid in digestion. I brush my teeth and my tongue, all the way to the back. This action causes more fluid to run out of my nose--which is a good thing. I don't want it going into my lungs, when I am asleep. I gargle with baking soda and water to keep my mouth alkalized.

Barring these incidents, I have had no health problems, no colds or sore throats, no indigestion, no aches or pains and my vision has improved.

No comments:

Post a Comment